Profile - Kathy Davis
Kathy is a professional and successful senior executive, with over 20 years’ experience in media, marketing, communications, management and relationship building across the public and private sectors. Significant adviser to Boards and Advisory Committees including Road Safety (Queensland Transport) Queensland Events, Queensland Community Foundation, RSL Qld Headquarters, 40 Queensland arts organisations, Fundraising Institute Australia (Qld Chapter), and Queensland Council, Association of Alumni & Development Professionals in Education. Invited by the Minister for Multicultural Affairs, she is a third term Advisory Board Member, Australian South Sea Islander Community Foundation.
Kathy has strong third sector experience including skills in:
- Governance, Leadership and Strategy.
- Business Development, Marketing and Communications.
- Relationship Development and Networking.
Kathy is a qualified journalist (cadetship National Nine News) and has:
- Postgraduate Business qualifications (QUT) with a grade point average of 6.25 on a 1 to 7 scale. Prize for legal and accounting issues. This degree featured subjects such as ethics and economics and covered topics including transparency, accountability, risk management, compliance and financial reporting. Graduated 2004.
- International certification as a professional fundraiser (Certified Fund Raising Executive) with CFRE International, the only internationally recognised baseline professional credential for philanthropic fundraising executives. http://www.cfre.org. This qualification requires significant commitment to fundraising, professional development and volunteering.
Kathy holds the following professional affiliations:
• Executive Member, Fundraising Institute Australia
• Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD)
Kathy offers the following professional capabilities:
- Keen strategic focus at a local and state level
- Outstanding leadership and management qualities, including change management, corporate governance and other organisational issues
- In depth understanding of the relationship development process resulting in strong sales, marketing and partnership outcomes across the private and public sectors, and
experience in media, transport, education, health, and the arts
- Intimate knowledge and appreciation of government decision-making processes and
public policy issues
- Outstanding track record for working closely with people to deliver consistently strong
performance, short-term and long-term
- Superior skills in simplifying systems and processes within large organisations
- High level communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong business networks across the private, public and non-profit sectors.
Supplementing this, Kathy displays the following outstanding personal qualities:
- Impeccable integrity and ethics
She is former Executive Director, Queensland Community Foundation and has 20 years
nonprofit experience and postgraduate Business qualifications from
Queensland University of Technology’s Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies.
Kathy is a Certified Fund Raising Executive with CFRE International, the only internationally recognised baseline professional credential for philanthropic fundraising executives.